The Four Corners Health Department's risk dial has increased to Orange since October 4th, which will affect the following areas of our school day while we remain at the orange risk level.
1. Before School- The staff will be checking symptoms upon students' arrival at school, including temperature checks. All students will be required to go to the hallway near the locker rooms to be checked before going to the gym or classrooms. Please continue to monitor symptoms at home too.
2. Face Masks- Face masks will be required in all settings (classrooms, hallways, playground, sanctuary, etc.); they will be taken off only while eating lunch and snacks. Staff will provide additional mask breaks as needed throughout the school day.
3. Wendy's Night for October 5th- This will be a drive-thru ONLY event. Please support the school and enjoy a meal with your family!
4. YPS Services and Activities- We will continue to follow the YPS guidelines that have been in place so far this school year; and they will keep us posted on any needed changes concerning transportation, sports, band, or special education.
5. Volleyball for 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th- We will continue with the games/tournaments on our schedule and communicate any changes with families once we have heard updates from the schools we are playing. Masks will be required for players, coaches, and fans (playing on the court, supporting from the bench, and cheering in the stands) for the remainder of this season.
Please remember that these updates will be in effect for the Week of October 4th to 10th. This will be reevaluated next Friday when we have updated information from Four Corners Health Department. Please share information with students concerning symptom checks and required masks, and the staff will also remind students of these expectations throughout the week.
Thank you for your continued support and prayers! Our students and staff have been doing a wonderful job with our COVID-19 guidelines this year, and we will work together so learning and growing can continue face-to-face in our building.